Monday, January 17, 2011

Is This It?


The Strokes Confirm Release Date for New Record

Strokes' bassist Nikolai Fraiture has confirmed a recently speculated rumor concerning the release date of the Strokes' fourth full-length by posting on his private Facebook page: "Yes! You read right... March 22nd!! Looking forward to playing the new songs live." And we have confirmed that yes, it's true: the fourth Strokes album will come out March 22 in the U.S. via RCA.

I remember when "Is This It" first came out, I was a bit hesitant to jump on the Strokes buzzwagon, but then it became pretty much the only album I listened to for a long period of time, and I think the best album of the 00's. They went on to release 2 more great discs (neither quite as life changing as the first,) as well as great solo projects from every member of the group, so I am excited to hear what they have come up with for their latest (and seemingly final?) disc. 

No comments:

Post a Comment